Increasingly, sustainability is becoming a key issue for businesses and society in general, as people realise that current methods and systems are leading to serious future problems
We are focussing on three key areas in terms of sustainability at Millrace as we aim to put people and planet at the heart of everything we do:
Millrace Marketing’s Sustainability Policy
At Millrace Marketing we aim to do our best to work towards sustainability. We have a wide-ranging array of environmental, social and financial strategies in place to help us reduce our negative impact and improve our positive impact on to the world. These include:
- Millrace Marketing intends to minimise its carbon footprint by operating a hybrid business structure, centred around our innovative workspace at S4C Media Centre, Llanishen. This allows our team to work at a shared workspace which increases the efficiency of our office footprint. We also use the most efficient, practical mode of transport for each journey.
- Wherever possible our stationary is recycled or recyclable hence minimising its impact on the Earth. We use wood and paper only from sustainable sources where available. Perhaps more importantly, we try to avoid using physical stationary and printing documents wherever possible.
- We reduce by only buying products that we need, re-use by using second hand products where available and selling our unwanted items, and try to recycle or compost as much of our waste as possible.
- All of our cleaning products are natural, biodegradable and are bulk purchased when possible to minimise packaging.
- We use low energy appliances wherever available
- We have an essential travel only policy and when we need to travel, we use the most efficient, practical mode of transport for each journey. When working with international clients, staff and partners using web communications as much as possible.
- We develop services that can be delivered with no physical good production or transportation.
- We value our team. We make sure that our team members enjoy their work by giving them every possible opportunity to express themselves, fulfil their potential and fit their work around the other important aspects of their lives
- We allow hybrid working by allowing our team members to work remotely two days a week. This helps team members maintain a healthy work-life balance
- We maintain healthy relationships with our customers and accommodate their needs wherever possible
- We use local suppliers where possible to reduce our carbon footprint and stimulate the local economy
- We try to create opportunities for young talented individuals with strong ethics and help them to develop their careers
- We use fairtrade products where appropriate
- We comply with all equal opportunities laws and regulations
- We actively promote the benefits of socially responsible business
- We refuse to work with organisations involved with ethically dubious activities such as military systems, tobacco,, , animal testing and genetically modified crops
- We run a give back “Cultivate” programme which aims to help organisations that work for people or the planet in developing their marketing, at no financial cost to the organisation
- We will build a strong, valuable brand
- We will keep costs to a minimum by virtual operation of the business using modern communication technologies
- We will avoid ethical liabilities by implementing our social and environmental sustainability policies
- We will minimise debt and other financial liabilities
- We will implement simple and effective business systems so that the business runs efficiently